Physio-Guided Stabilisation Classes
Small Classes (Max 3) for our Gold Coast clients.
Our Stabilisation classes involve a combination of exercises designed to improve stability, body awareness, strength and flexibility.
Our physiotherapists use the stabilisation classes as a method of both injury prevention and rehabilitation. It is a practice that is suitable for patients from all walks of life, from individuals with balance impairments to athletes returning to sport. We are situated in the perfect location for stabilisation classes here on the Gold Coast.
At Ferry Rd Physio Southport we understand that everyone is different. Therefore our classes are individualised by a qualified Physiotherapist and capped at a maximum of 3 per class. This allows for classes to be tailored to your goals – whether they be injury prevention, rehabilitation or general fitness – and help keep costs to a minimum for you.
What Can our Stabilisation Classes Offer?
- Increase core strength and stability
- Improved postural control and balance
- Improved flexibility and fitness
- Heightened body awareness and co-ordination
- Low impact exercises
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Enhanced performance in chosen sports
How Do Our Stabilisation Classes Work?
- Stability – by improving the integrity of the load bearing tissues around joints.
- Concentration – by enhancing your awareness for how and what you are moving.
- Body Awareness – by identifying and adapting good postural balance.
- Centring + Flowing Movements- by activating the smaller muscles to stabilise the spine.
- Breathing – by utilising diaphragmatic breathing to optimise efficient muscle activation.
- Co-ordination – by executing accurate muscle patterns to facilitate ease of movement.
- Stamina- by improving strength and endurance.
- Relaxation –by using conscious effort and awareness to control unwanted tensions.
Why Physio-Guided Stabilisation Classes?
These classes are a low impact form of exercise which can minimise symptoms for patients who may experience joint discomfort.
This type of class works at a submaximal effort yet ensures that the entire body is engaged at all times. This facilitates improvements in muscle balance, symmetry and stability which can often be neglected within other forms of exercise regimes.
Why Choose Physio-Guided Stabilisation Classes?
These classes are most beneficial when programs are individualised and tailored for your specific concerns. At Ferry Rd Physio all our classes are run by qualified physiotherapists, allowing for a significant understanding of your injury history and rehabilitation moving forward. Our small classes also allow for one-on-one attention and specialised exercises to suit your needs.
If you are interested, or have further questions, contact us to find out more!