Are you fed up with pain and dysfunction holding you back from doing the things you enjoy in life? Make an appointment today to consult with one of our experienced Physiotherapists here at Ferry Rd Physio Gold Coast. We will help meet your Goals and improve your Function. We have Physio Gold Coast experience with: Sports and Spine Injuries, Running Injuries, Work Injuries, Pre and Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Back and Neck Pain, Headaches, Dizziness, Nerve Pain, and much more. Book Online Here – simple and easy way to book the time that suits you!
Ferry Rd Physio Gold Coast services include:
(10min) – FREE! For patients who are unsure as to whether physiotherapy can help them. It involves:
- A subjective assessment where you can explain the details of your pain, including the initial cause, location, behaviour of pain over 24hr period, aggravating and easing factors.
- Advice from the physiotherapist including possible diagnoses and cause, and whether you’ll benefit from physiotherapy.
- Note – no physical assessment or treatment is included in this introductory Physio Gold Coast session.
(45min) - Comprehensive assessment, which includes:
- A subjective physiotherapy assessment where you can explain the details of your pain, including the initial cause, location, behaviour of pain over 24hr period, aggravating and easing factors.
- A thorough physical examination on the areas most likely to be causing the pain.
- Explanation of the likely diagnosis, cause of the problem, and treatment plan.
- Treatment involving an appropriate combination of soft tissue release, joint mobilisations, taping to limit or guide movement, stretches and exercises aimed to strengthen weakness and/or improve control. The purpose of the treatment is to begin to relieve pain, restore function and commence work on rectifying the initial cause of the problem.
- A written Physio Gold Coast injury management plan including the diagnosis, cause of the problem, treatment required, home exercises, likely progress with treatment and duration of the rehabilitation.
(30min) - Follow-up sessions which include:
- A thorough physical examination to gauge improvement from previous session.
- A progression of treatment from the previous session, involving an appropriate combination of soft tissue release, joint mobilisations, taping to limit or guide movement, stretches and exercises aimed to strengthen weakness and/or improve control. The purpose of the treatment is tocontinue to relieve pain and restore function, and continue to rectify the initial cause of the problem
- A written Physio Gold Coast update to the injury management plan if required, including changes to home exercises, likely progress with treatment and duration of the rehabilitation.
A unique service to Ferry Road Physio Gold Coast, where we review your progress one month following your final session. This is our way of making sure the quality or our services have delivered the results that were discussed at the initial consultation. The purpose of this session is to ensure your injury management has been successful, and your problem has not returned. This session includes:
- A brief discussion of your progress following the final consultation.
- A brief physical examination to review initial problem areas.
- A review of home exercises and correction if necessary.
- Answers to any questions that may have arisen following the final session.
Our Gold Coast Physios’ have experience in the treatment of an extensive variety of injuries. We have expertise in areas including:
Occupational Injuries and Screenings
We have expertise in work set ups, and provide treatment and management strategies to enable clients to work at full capacity and symptom free. We can organise pre-employment screenings for individuals and companies as a cost-effective method of reducing injury rates and time-off-work.
Post – Surgical Rehabilitation
We work alongside some of the best Orthopaedic and Neurological surgeons on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane, enabling us to rehabilitate you following small and large surgical procedures to get you back to what you love doing. We work Closely with a number of GPs as well in the surrounding areas of our Southport Clinic, including Surfers Paradise, Chevron Island, Ashmore, Benowa, Labrador, Nerang, and Bundall.
Spine care is vital for physical and mental wellbeing. We provide a thorough assessment to find the cause of your pain, and have therapists with backgrounds in functional movement patterns and pilates that can reduce you pain, increase you level of function, and keep you on track.
Our Therapists provide Sports Physiotherapy Services to a number of Sporting Organisations and Teams, including Athletics Australia, Australian Touch Football, the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), PNG Netball, NSW Hockey, Surfers Paradise Apollo Soccer Club, Surfers Paradise Rugby Union Club, TSS Rowing and Athletics, and more. Contact Us to make an Appointment Today, or Click here to Book Online - A simple and easy way to find a time that suits you
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means. Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function who work in partnership with their patients, assisting them to overcome movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
Physiotherapy can help recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility. A physiotherapist can also help you prevent further injury by listening to your needs and working with you to plan the most appropriate treatment for your condition, including setting goals and treatment outcomes.
As first contact practitioners, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition
What sort of treatment do our physiotherapists use?
Our Gold Coast Physiotherapists’ are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong. Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
The following are common treatment methodsphysiotherapists at Ferry Rd Physio may use:
- Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Soft tissue release (massage)
- Dry needling
- Neurological techniques
- Hydrotherapy (Local Pool)
- Assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, and and walking sticks
Feel Free to Contact us Below
(Information sourced from the APA website)