Telehealth has been a service we have delivered for many years now. It has expanded exponentially in more recent times however as a consequence of the current COVID-19 pandemic. So what is telehealth, and how can it help you?
Telehealth, also know as video consultation or virtual health, is a service which is great for those who may live remotely, those feeling unwell, or those who would rather not travel, be stuck in traffic or where time is of the essence.
What can we achieve through telehealth?
Your Telehealth experience is very similar to what would otherwise occur physically in the clinic. Generally it would involve:
1. Getting to know you and your background to know the history of your current concerns PLUS understanding your specific goals of the consultation.
2. This would generally be followed by performing an objective or physical examination, for example going through physical movement tests and narrowing down our hypothesis of your issue.
3. Putting 1 + 2 together and providing a diagnosis. If we are unable to provide this, we would refer you to the the right health professional or refer you on to have further investigations (eg radiographs) to help confirm the issue at hand.
4. Produce a treatment plan that is in line with your goals, which may include such things as education, exercise therapy and a progression plan to get you back on track
5. Provide ongoing support as needed to help you reach your goals.
Booking a telehealth appointment is easy, you can just click the link on the button at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this service please feel free to call us on 5532 0999 or email us at email@example.com
Not after telehealth, but would rather a face-to-face appointment? head back to our homepage here to look at a list of our services 🙂